Taking what is old and making it new is the beauty of a do-it-yourself craft. Today we are giving our favorite walk in love. mugs a fresh look. This DIY uses everyday household items and takes about 10 minutes to make. A touch of personalization and your cup of coffee will make you smile each morning!
WATERCOLOR MUG DIY
What you'll need...
- Aluminum tray
- Warm water
- Nail polish
- Cotton swabs + nail polish remover (optional)
- Paper towels
- Coffee, to drink in your new mug
1. Fill the aluminum tray with warm water.
2. Drop your desired nail polish color into the water. The color will spread out when it touches the water, but you can use a toothpick to swirl the nail polish if you want a marble-effect.
3. Dip your mug in the water. Use a cotton swab with nail polish remover to clean up any excess polish.
5. Gently pat the mug dry with a paper towel.
6. Repeat with additional colors (optional).
7. Allow the mug to sit for a minimum of two hours before use.
Just as your body might crave a warm cup of coffee in the morning, your soul craves a boost of enlightenment. Starting your morning in God's refreshing truth and enjoying his sweet presence is so essential for living life with Jesus. It's a discipline to sit down and spend time with our Father, but once it becomes a part of your morning routine, you can't start your day without it.
Our shipping manager, Lex, is wearing the Choose Joy slate long-sleeve tee. Does anybody else feel super cozy in shorts and long sleeve t-shirts? It's one of my go-to outfits for a chill summer morning. She paired this look with her worn-in converse and teal socks for a pop of color.