My name is Bethany Kramer, food and health blogger for A Simple Palate. I am thrilled to be sharing a yummy recipe with you all and a little bit about myself!
I met TJ + Brooke when I started dating my husband, Drew, who I saw for the first time at their Lancaster store. It’s safe to say, they hooked a sister up! And that’s one thing I’ve noticed and appreciated about walk in love. over the years, I am just one of the many people who have met their spouses because of walk in love. and TJ and Brooke. For that, I have so much thankfulness in my heart.
I’ve always been passionate about cooking and eating healthy. When the idea sparked for a food blog, my desire was to take it in a direction that was genuine and relatable. I wanted women (who I assume mostly looked at food blogs) to know how valued they are right now. How food isn’t the enemy, and you can eat foods you love in moderation but also make healthy alternatives that are just as yummy and fulfilling!
So, let’s get to what you came here for. FOOD.
I don’t know about you, but butternut squash is my Fall favorite!! I’ve been tossing it into salads, pastas, vegetable medleys and coming soon-soup! Now, pasta is the way to my heart. It's also the way to my couch, laying in a food coma if I don’t pace myself... Really, though. I emphasize the word “moderation” because you want to feel good, not sluggish after eating a meal, which I try to stay aware of!
This dish is so simple and full of flavor! Give it a try and ENJOY!! :)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Toss diced butternut squash with generous amount of olive oil, and a pinch of cracked salt and pepper. Place on sheet pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or until pieces are tender.
- Boil water for pasta, adding a little salt for taste. Follow directions on box or bag for cooking. When straining pasta, reserve about 1/4 of your pasta water for later use.
- Place butter in sauté pan with garlic + onions and cook for 3-5 minutes. Then add kale and sauté for an additional 5 minutes until soft.
- Once kale is cooked, add to pasta with mozzarella + parmesan + pasta water + pinch of salt
- Remove butternut squash from oven and add to your pasta, gently toss and serve!