Dear Friends, Family + Fans of walk in love.,
When I started walk in love. nine years ago, I didn't have many goals. I just wanted to raise money to go on a mission trip with my Dad. I never imagined that years later we would have two retail stores, new designs every month, 10 team members and now an iPhone app. God has done amazing things over the past nine years as He's guided us, shown us grace and let us learn hard lessons along the way.
As our Stone Harbor store was closing this past summer, we quickly realized that retail stores are not the path we want to take. They are expensive, challenging and not our true passion. The walk in love. team is made up of creators, artists, visionaries and photographers. We love creating things and while elements of a retail store are creative, the majority of it ends up being time consuming work that doesn't fall into the category of creativity at all.
On April 27, 2014 we will be closing the doors on our Lancaster store. This announcement doesn't come with sadness, nor is it a step toward going out of business. In fact, it is the exact opposite! We have felt for over a year now that the retail store is holding us back from being able to do what we really want to do. When you have to be open 363 out of 365 days a year it's hard to do anything else outside of that. So, it is with great excitement and a new found energy that we announce the Lancaster store closing!
We are so thankful for all the things that the store allowed us to do, but we want to move on from it and begin a new chapter in the walk in love. story!
Things you can expect in this story:
1. More intimate events. We loved meeting people face to face in the store, but it's not the best setting for starting conversation and building relationships. So, we plan to hold workshops, hang outs, insta-meets, concerts and author signings in our new space! With one of these events every month in our studio, we truly believe it will move us all towards closer relationships with each other and you!
2. More sales! Having a store is expensive and makes it hard to have a lot of in store sales! As you've probably already noticed it's easy for us to have online sales because we don't have a huge overhead! In the future you can expect more sales and deals! I am pretty sure everyone can get excited about that idea!
3. More products. We hope to come out with more shirt designs on a regular basis! We hope to collaborate with even more artists, authors and bands! We hope to also bring you more unique products that we will now have time to develop and create!
4. More content. Our team will now have more time to focus on content for our website, blog, social media, etc. We will continue to bring you even more great art, great photos and great content that will inspire you to live a life of love!
5. More you. We hope to engage with you more frequently with questions, ideas and opinions! We want to know what you want to see and we will do our best to try and make it happen! We also want to use you in photos more often, so fill out the application at the bottom of our website!
I am sure you might have questions after reading all of this and we will do our best to answer them. Just send us an e-mail, comment on a blog or ask us on social media!
I want to make one thing as clear as I possibly can in a way that only Caps Lock does : WE ARE NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! Business is good and we are excited about this next step!
To all who helped make the store possible, either through our IndieGoGo campaign or regularly shopping with us, Thank You so much! Anytime I think about walk in love. and a big decision I think of you, our customers. I think of the best way to serve you, provide for you and inspire you to live more like Jesus every day!
We hope you can get excited about this next step and we can't wait to take it with you!