I would love to go through an entire Christmas season without hearing someone complain about shopping, parking spaces, crowds and lines. Christmas is awesome! It is the time of year we celebrate the birth of Jesus! The same Jesus that lived a perfect life, died for our sins and changed the world forever. That's what we are celebrating! Let's stop being grumpy about it and get really excited!
Here is a short list of 10 simple ways to make sure that your Christmas is awesome. It's your choice! (In no particular order.)
1. If you are always complaining about lines, malls and parking spots - SHOP ONLINE! You can literally buy anything you may need online. It's super easy and you can stay in your jammies! Everybody wins!
2. Get really good gifts for people. The value of a good gift is so much more than most people realize. Giving good gifts is a great way to show the love you have for a person. Notice that I didn't say buy really good gifts because sometimes the best gifts are made for free with lots of love. Instead of just tossing a random gift card a gift card really think about what someone will really cherish... and try to make it happen (If that's a gift card in a bag then go for it!).
3. Drink more hot chocolate. You don't have a lot of time to drink hot chocolate throughout the entire year, so take advantage of it! Make sure to add lots of marshmallows and whipped cream.
4. Don't skip out on things. I know that sometimes we can go through phases were we think wrapping presents and decorating the tree is lame, especially when we are in those teenage years. Stick around, don't skip out and be there for your loved ones who will absolutely love the fact that you are there.
5. Go sledding! Besides the one time you crashed the sled and snow got into your snowsuit, have you ever had a bad time sledding? Let's be real, it's amazing.
6. Go on walks with loved ones. Bundle up, hold hands and walk around. It's the best.
7. Turn off the TV and just sit. Take a night off from the TV and just enjoy the calmness of good music or a nice book.
8. Be super grateful when you do receive a gift! No one has ever complained about someone being too thankful for something. Say thank you for the awesome gifts you'll get this season right when you get them and then later when you are still enjoying them! Normally when I get an iTunes gift card I will text the person and let them know what I used it on and say thanks again! Thankfulness is always an amazing thing to have. People will remember it and you will make them feel great because of it.
9. Watch the movie Elf. This is pretty obvious, but I just want to make sure.
10. Remember and relish the beauty and wonder that this time represents. Jesus, the son of God, came to earth as a man to show that the love of God, our creator, is real and amazing. He was born, lived, died and rose so that we could have the opportunity to have a relationship with the creator of the universe. That is mind boggling awesomeness. That reason alone should make every Christmas from this one until your last an amazing time to stand in Awe of the love God has freely given to people through Jesus!
Stop being grumpy, get excited and have a really awesome Christmas! - T.J.